When tee-ing up your subsequent camp journey, you might be in all probability asking what we’re speaking about, snags aren’t a recipe, however that is why we’re going to present you a brand new means to make use of your Bedourie Camp Oven Range to bake up a few aussie favorites – ANZAC Bickies!
They’re much simpler to make than you imagined, and have been a part of Aussie residence baking since WW1 the recipe is designed to be made with easy wartime ration elements and it’s mentioned they had been despatched off to the entrance to offer the boys a deal with and a slice of peace after weeks of combating.
You can provide this one a crack at residence earlier than you head out onto the tracks, however it may be made with none refrigerated elements which suggests it can save you valuable house inside your Kings Fridge Freezer in your favorite drinks and snacks!
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
125 g butter
2 tbs golden syrup
1 tbs water
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
– Sift the flour right into a bowl. Add the sugar, rolled oats and coconut.
– Soften the butter within the backside of your Bedourie Camp Oven, then add your golden syrup and water.
– Stir the bicarb soda into the combination.
– Add the liquid to the dry elements and blend totally.
– Place walnut-sized balls of combination on a greased tray and bake at 175C for 15-20 minutes.
– Biscuits will harden when cool.
To seek out out extra about cooking options for the tracks go to www.4WDSupacentre.com.au or name us on 1800 88 39 64 and even drop into considered one of our shops to speak to considered one of our camp cooking professionals!